Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taking Advantage of Good Weather


November 20th Saturday - Sunny 52 degrees

Today Lou and I took advantage of the good weather and got outside to finish up some jobs. He took the deck off the lawn tractor and winterized it, what a job, but tonight it is back in the barn awaiting the grass to grow and spring.

He is trying to get some strength back and be ready for deer season the Monday after Thanksgiving, so Lou is walking about two miles each morning. He told me today, that he still isn't feeling as well as he did prior to his hospitalization. He has another doctor's appointment on Monday.

This seems to be the month for sickness. I started with a chest cold the day after Lou came home from the hospital, have been on three different antibiotics, developed oral yeast infection, and another office call on Thursday, and chest x-rays that were abnormal, so more studies are scheduled for next Monday and a return visit to Dr. Nespola next week. He started me on Prednisone, Bactrim DS and "GI Gin".

Lou has been working on his friend's tractor, remember the old flywheel, well finally located one and had it shipped in and now the installation, they have worked three nights and still have more yet to do. While Lou was away last night, I got out all of the supplies that Lou and I had picked out for the wreaths at the cemetery, Krista came down and made bows for me and we have them all ready to go the their new residences for the winter months. Even had enough left to make a small wreath for Lou's back door. Will make a welcoming addition to all that will be coming and going during the holiday, as his kids use the house during hunting season along with the holidays.

On Wednesday, Lou and I were up very early and make a trip to Carlisle to pick up our drugs for the next three months. We took time to run to the PX and the Commissary and then at Sam's Club on the way back, by the time we finished dinner at Hoss', we knew we weren't going to get back in time for square dancing.

The picture of the quilt I posted was a quilt that was on display at The Country Cupboard where Lou and I stopped for breakfast on Wednesday, one of my favorite places to eat. I had my usual chip beef on biscuits. I had Lou taste it to make sure it was good, as I haven't been able to taste anything in over three weeks. He enjoyed a huge Western Omelette with
a home made biscuit.

While Lou was working on the tractor today, I got up on the roof and put
lights on the garage and decorated the front deck and put the swags up on all of the windows of the house. It certainly was a beautiful day to do it, and actually the first day, I have felt like doing anything extra.

This is the beginning of a very busy holiday season and we both want to feel well and enjoy it and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment