Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good to be Home




May 21 st - Saturday - Bright Blue Sky - No Rain!!

Can you believe it, it has not rained yet today; however, we have a pond of water in our back yard and can not cut the grass, but at least today we can get out and work outside. Krista and Steve cut the grass one time this spring and that is all that it has been cut. It is hard to believe just how much rain has fallen in this area. The poor farmers are really suffering, as may the rest of us when it comes to purchasing fresh produce this summer.

I went with Krista to Elmira to her doctors appointment on Tuesday and what an experience that was. Her doctor did an ultrasound in the office and pointed out to Michelle and myself all of the vital organs and then did an echo of the baby's heart and pointed out to us the abnormalities of the heart rhythm although on Tuesday it was much better than it had been and Krista does not have to go back until next Tuesday. Things certainly have changed since I had my babies 40 years ago. I certainly was impressed.

It was a fun day for all of us, after the doctors appointment we ran some errands for me and then we had lunch at The Olive Garden, as we all enjoy the soup and salad and then on to our favorite shopping experience at "Sally Annes" and what a deal I found. I have always loved Pfaltzgraff's Village, even though I have the collector set America. I have picked up assorted pieces of Village as I have found them and Krista has bought pieces for me as she has come across them and after Lou and I got married we ordered enough dinner plates to complete a full service for eight. Much to our dismay when they arrived from the company we found they were made in China and that ended that quest, I have not ordered any more pieces and vowed I would pick up pieces when I found them.

Last year when Lou, Preston and I were at a SMART campout we stumbled
into a flea market of sorts and I found a complete canister set and some odd pieces, so slowly but surely I was getting a full set. Well, at Sally Annes I found the jackpot!! I purchased casseroles, lunch plates, dinner plates, soup bowls and a couple of spare cups. I was delighted. Each piece was less than $.99. Good buy?? While we were away, Krista found the top of a butter dish, so if I could find the bottom someplace. The tea pot in the picture that contains flowers from our garden was also one of my finds.

All in all it was a wonderful day. It was good to catch up on all of the news of the winter with Michelle and Krista. Even though we talked every day or so, it was good to talk in person. Kris and Steve did a good job keeping everything here at home going for us right down to taking care of frozen pipes and getting them repaired.

House is cleaned up again and laundry caught up so it is time to hit the outside and see what can be done there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy ... good to see you back on here again ,I was absent for awhile myself, anyway I will try to remember to look for a bottom to the butter dish , we have a great thrift store here ,I was just in there this morning. I love the looks of these and the dollies with them.
    Krista should be getting a package soon, there is a card and the quilt tag for you too.

    ReplyDelete