Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Recipe for Blueberry Pie

July 24th - Sunday 90 degrees

While we were in Florida I had made a Strawberry Pie from a recipe that I had cut from Hobby Farm Home Magazine and Lou and I were very fond of it. It was made with Strawberry JELL-O and we wondered if if would work to make a blueberry pie; however, I had never seen blueberry JELL-O. So I dismissed the idea.

Several weeks ago when we were grocery shopping I noticed Weis was carrying blueberry flavored JELL-O so I picked up a couple boxes in hopes our blueberries would produce an abundance of berries and I would try to convert the recipe to make a blueberry pie.

On Thursday I gave it a try and while I was making the pie, Krista and Matthew popped in and Kris thought it looked really good, she was on her way to the grocery and said she would pick up some vanilla ice cream, so she and her family joined us for dessert on Thursday evening and gave it the final taste test. Everyone agreed it was a good dessert. Maybe next year Matthew can try it also.

I am going to post the recipe, I do not usually do this, but thought someone else might like to try it.

Fresh Blueberry Pie
  • 4 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 tbs. cornstarch
  • 1 3-ounce box blueberry JELL-O
  • 1 pie crust, baked and cooled
  • 1 carton of Cool whip
Combine water, sugar, and cornstarch in a pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until clear. Remove from heat and add JELL-O.

Arrange blueberries in baked pie shell and pour warm JELL-O over berries. Chill for several hours. Serve topped with Cool-whip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment