Saturday, January 21, 2012

King's Bag - Day Three





January 21st - 78 degrees

We really feel sorry for you poor folks at home in Pennsylvania with the cold and the snow, it has been a beautiful day here, it was down to 53 degrees this morning and as of now at 4:30 it is 78 degrees.

Lou and I took advantage of the day and took a walk around the lake. We can't take Estee with us, she just can't take the long walks, so Lou takes her for a short walk first while I do us the dishes and then we are ready to take off. We kept it down to a mile and a half for the first walk. This year I was prepared and brought along my sneakers so hopefully no blisters to hamper the walking.

I was able to get the bed stripped and even got my ironing done, so we will be ready to move on tomorrow. The place where we will be staying for the, at least next two weeks is close to Jacksonville, FL on the Ocean side and we will be able to watch the ocean liners come and go. Lou and I were there last year for one night and really loved it, so we are anxious to go back there. June and Steve wintered there last year so they know many spots to visit and we will see the sights while we are there.

Tonight we have a hot game of Sequence scheduled for after dinner. I want to cook some fresh parsnips to go with our roast of beef. Today for lunch I made a fresh tossed salad and it was wonderful, all with fresh veggies that we picked up here. We are both in hopes to get our bodies in better shape while we are away this winter. Hope we can stick to it.

The pictures that I posted are pictures that I took yesterday in St. Mary's. I tried to get them to load last evening and they would not load, so am adding them today. The trolley was very interesting as were the other pictures of building that I took. It was a quaint little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment