Thursday, October 4, 2012

OOPS with Resurfacing Driveway !!



September 27th - Thursday  68 degrees - Beautiful fall day

The day finally arrived to have our driveway resurfaced.  It was the perfect day to have it done.  Mr.  Fay called early in the morning to alert us and Lou took the car out of the garage and drove it down by the barn and got the lawn mower out of the little barn so he could cut the yard when the grass dried off and he fastened both gates so Estee wouldn't be outside, all was set for the men to arrive.

I decided it would be a great day to do the bedding and hang it on the line, so that is what I did and of course, I had to go off the back deck to the clothes line and I opened the gate and never thought about Estee going out with me.  I hung up my clothes and came back in and proceeded to clean the bathroom, when I heard some one calling to me from the front door.  The man that was resurfacing the driveway told me that Estee had gotten on the driveway and had come up the newly stained sidewalk.  I quickly turned to search for her, well I didn't have to search for her long, she sat behind me with the look of "what do I do now".  I quickly picked her up and sat her in the sink and put in some warm soapy water and told her to sit.  Thankfully, she does obey me very well, and I went back to ask the gentleman what I should use to get it off her feet, and he told me soapy water, then I asked him about my carpets and floors and of course, the sidewalks and deck.  Well folks, the secret is WD-40 and it worked like a charm.

I now have a clean puppy, clean sidewalks, decks and will have clean rugs once I wash the WD- 40 out of them. and our drive way looks great thanks to Fay's  Paving.


No comments:

Post a Comment