Thursday, April 3, 2014

On Our Way Home - Stop at Jean's, Daisy's and at King's Bay

April 3rd - Thursday - King's Bay, Georgia - 88 degrees

We arrived here at 3:30 today, and it was hot all of the way along from my sister's in Live Oak.  When it starts getting close to 90 degrees, I know it is time to head North, but from what we are hearing, it isn't time to be back in Wellsboro yet!

The picture above is from our campsite in Leesburg, FL, this is the park we decided on from our Passport America Book.  A club we belong to that we can get our fee for 50% off, knowing that we would be there just to stay overnight, we knew that our friend had moved so we didn't know how close this would be to her new home, as it turned out when we put her address into the GPS, we were only three minutes from her home.  Was perfect and our campsite was beautiful, this was the view from our window only three RVs there and so quiet, would have loved to have stayed longer, but my sister was expecting us the next day so we moved along on schedule.
Jean and Lou and her dog (Angel)
After we left Footloose Marina and RV Park we drove to my sister's house near Live Oak, I was dreading this trip, as last year we got lost and had a very difficult time finding her, so once again, I put her address in our GPS and this time we drove right to her door.  I am always amazed at the huge fields of hay, peanuts and pines that grow around her and huge herds of Holsteins cows.
Just a few of the large herds of Holsteins cows
Daisy's yard is just full of flowers and flowering bushes and so many birds.  Yesterday we all sat of the back deck and just enjoyed the flowers, birds and her dog, Lacy and enjoyed talking the day away.  Made Lou and I realize just how much we missed Estee, as Lacy is so much like our late Estee.
Lacy
Some of the side yard
Lou and Daisy always enjoy getting old school pictures out and looking through them.  They went to school together and had many of the same friends and always want to catch up of their where abouts.  There aren't a lot of them still alive.
Daisy and Lou
There had been a new addition to Daisy's family since we were there last, she has a new cat and the mama cat has two new kittens and that was a new experience for me, I haven't been around kittens in a long time, so had to  have pictures of them also.
Baby kittens
The mama was outside when I took this picture.
Mama Cat
We left Daisy's house around 11:00 this morning with a new quilt in our arms, such a beauty that has been hand quilted with her tiny neat stitches that she is know for, promising to see each other next winter and call often.  Times always passes quickly, but is always so good to spend time with her and have a home cooked meal with her.  She and I share books with each other also, so had to bring more home with me that will be delighted to jump into!!

We have a Lake Front site here at King's Bay and are enjoying the view and tranquility of the peaceful site.  Tomorrow will get caught up on laundry and hopefully some time to soak up some rays of sunshine.

Our GPS quit at Daisy's and I called them on our way to King's Bay and they told me we will have to mail it back for new soft ware, so the rest of our journey will be Lou's way with maps!!
Our View from our front windshield x two days

1 comment:

  1. So glad you did not have trouble finding Mom's house this time and glad you got to spend some time with her. Its too bad we had to leave before you got there as I was looking forward to talking with you some more. Hope the rest of your trip home is good . You should show picture of the quilt. I know everyone would have enjoyed that too.
    I hope Mom was feeling better while you was there.We really enjoyed this time with her, first time I had taken Samantha and the kids with me like that . They had fun.
    Take care !!!

    ReplyDelete