Tuesday, August 19, 2014

One Set of Steps Completed

August 19th - Sunny and Warmer  78 degrees

We have had perfect weather to work on the new set of steps, as they are located on the west side of our house and in the summer it can get pretty hot out there in the afternoon.  A couple mornings we have had our furnace on and have worn our jackets most of the day, but today was a really nice day.

Lou has spent the day at the house on route 660 with Preston doing lawn work and I spent the morning baking a fresh blue berry pie and also an apple pie but the apple pie went into the freezer for a later date.  Those were the first pies I have made since my shoulder surgery and it was a task, but they turned out looking good, hopefully they will taste good.  I spent the afternoon running errands in Mansfield and Wellsboro and finished with my appointment with Dr. Joe and a stop at the grocery store.

I had decided that I wouldn't be needing my lab jackets any longer, so asked one of the gals that I worked with if she would like them and she was delighted with the idea, so I got them all out and washed and ironed them and dropped them off at the office for them.  I had twenty-five to pass along to her, she also had dark hair and wears the same size, she was pretty excited.  I had mixed feelings about it, as I certainly had enjoyed the many years I had worked with the dedicated staff at Pine Creek Internal Physicians.

We had a wonderful evening celebrating Lou's birthday and Lew and Joanne's anniversary.  We all saw so many folks at the Steak House that we knew, so we caught up on news from many folks, after dinner we stopped at Lew and Joanne's house for a drink and chatted some more, so we certainly made a full evening of entertainment out of the event.
Lou and Lew
Lou got a cupcake for his "birthday treat" and Lew and Joanne got a strawberry shortcake to share for their "anniversary treat".
Think I must have scared Lew

The "treats" were all compliments of the Steak House, which I thought was pretty nice of them, and our meal was delicious as usual.

Now we still have another set of steps to do along with a railing, then we start on the little barn.  I have the garage partly cleaned.  This weekend, we head to State College to Lou's granddaughter's wedding and the reception is being held in Clearfield, PA at their brewery. Should be a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment