Monday, January 17, 2011

Cold Weather - Catch up Time



January 17th - Monday - Sunny 3 degrees this am

We were up early this morning, as Estee had a follow up doctor's appointment in Mansfield at 9:00 am. Her doctor found that she still has an UTI after two weeks of treatment with an antibiotic, so we are going to continue treatment for two more weeks. He did a complete physical and we went over all of her blood work. Lou and I are very pleased with his exam.

Sunday after church, we took Michelle out to breakfast to tell her goodbye, as she was on her way back to Elizabethtown College, we certainly have enjoyed having her home for the month. I had baked her some cranberry muffins and cookies for her to take back with her. The car was packed full.

Lou and I have taken advantage of this cold weather and have caught up on a few odd jobs that have gotten put aside. He has caught cold, so I didn't want him going outside until we get antibiotics into him and get the cold under control. Lou took a lamp that my father made years ago and replaced the three way switch and now the lamp works perfectly. I repainted to large herons that stand in my pond in our back yard and currently they are drying
in my hobby room. I hemmed a pair of slack that I purchased several years ago. I had ordered a yarn winder some time ago and it arrived and we had a good time winding up the yarn that I am working with, then Lou asked me if we could wind two kinds of yarn together and I didn't know, so we tried it and sure enough you can, so now it will make knitting my current project a little easier.

Finally, I was able to convince Lou that it would be good for him to take Estee and his book and have a nap before dinner, it nearly took an "act of congress" to get him to the bedroom, but he finally did lay down until dinner was ready.

While he was resting, I went out the front door, got the trash ready for pick up in the morning, replaced a light bulb on the outside of the garage and fed the birds for morning, so if we have the bad weather that is supposed to be coming, we are ready.

We have about decided we are not going to go south until after the middle of February. Our pastor and his wife are going to have a presentation of their two week trip to the Holy Land on the 13th of February and we want to be a part of that.

1 comment:

  1. What an idea! I wouldn't have thought to try and wind two different yarns together...will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete