Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reviving Old Lace

January 6th - Thursday - 3 degrees this Am with bright sunshine

This has been a very busy week for Lou and me. Monday we thought we would have to take Estee back to the doctor, for additional lab work, as her doctor felt she had pancreatitis, but after talking with him, she really had no symptoms that should accompany the virus, so we are going to wait a week and see what happens.

Tuesday, Lou was back at his friend's house helping with the tractor, a job that must be completed before we can leave for Florida. After the points and plugs were installed the tractor started and ran like a charm which actually surprised every one, but they found a leak in one of the hoses, so this afternoon, he is back up there replacing the hoses to the hydraulic system. Hopefully, this will solve the problem, as we are supposed to get snow tonight and his friend need the tractor to plow snow with.

Wednesday, was my breathing studies, of which I think went pretty well, I did well until they gave me medication to open up my pathways, then I just wanted to cough, as I wasn't able to take any of my medications in the morning before I went for my studies. We went square dancing last evening, and I opted out of wearing the little short skirts and enjoyed the warmth of my sweater and long pants and knee socks, as did most of the other ladies. It was good to see several couples out that we hadn't seen in some time, of course, several of our couples have already left for warmer climates.

Today was my appointment with the neurologist regarding my migraines, and Lou and I were both very impressed with him. He spent a good hour with us and went over many things with us. Several things are going to be changed, basically he is happy with the progress as we are and hopefully we will continue to see improvement. We know there is not a known cure, but improvement is a plus.

I am in hopes I can get our home cleaned up tomorrow and we have tickets to go with Benedicts to the Farm Show in Harrisburg on Saturday, and as soon as the weather warms up again we will get the motor home out again and get it finished up and get it ready to travel south. We have several jobs to get done prior to leaving, and we are working out a travel agenda, are planning something different this year.

The picture that I posted is a picture of the pillow cases we will use in the motor home. The wide lace on Lou's pillow case was hand made by Lou's mother many years ago and discarded and the lace in the shape of a "wedding bell" was made by my mother in 1973 and I removed it from a white pillow case I had kept and sewed it on matching pillow case for the motor home. Lou and I thought that would be a special touch for the new motor home and our new sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment