Sunday, February 19, 2012

Trip to Disneyworld


United Kingdom - Epcot
Butterflies - pansies planted to make butterflies
Waiting for the fireworks to begin
Main Street at dusk Magic Kingdom
Inside ride at Buzz Lightyear (I think)

Riding the race cars
Show at the Castle

The Parade

Climbing up the Treehouse Animal Kingdon
Windmill on Tom Sawyer Island
Haunted House - Magic Kingdom
Steam River Boat
Germany - Epcot - We ate here - Wonderful meal w/ black forest cake
Japan - Epcot
Some of the flower beds
Mexico - Epcot
Spaceship Earth - Epcot - One of our favorite rides

Main Street - Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland


February 19th - Sunday 80 degrees

As you can see from the pictures, we spent four very full days at Disneyworld. We were in the parking lot every morning by 9:00 am and one evening we didn't get home until after 11:00 pm. I think we walked over 100 miles. We rode many rides including everything from the Muppets 3-D in Hollywood Studios to the Expedition Everest (high-speed rollercoster) in Animal Kingdom.

I was amazed at the total complex. It was absolutely huge. We spent more time at Epcot and Magic Kingdom than the other two areas, ie Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Epcot itself takes up 300 acres so that gives you an idea of just how imminence it is in size.

Out camp ground is about eleven miles from Disney, so that has been nice. It costs $14.00 a day to park, so we parked at Epcot and then rode the tram or the Disney bus to got from one park to another.

I won't go into detail about the parks, I will just say I would do it all again in a heart beat, I was sad to have the four days come to an end, but my hips and legs were glad to have a day off and it took a day to get rested up. Lou asked me if I wanted to go for a walk yesterday and I didn't even answer him.

Today I did get all of our laundry for the week done up and tomorrow we are going to drive to Bok Tower tomorrow and we want to make reservations for the next week near Scott's, then the first of March we will be heading for MacDill Air Force Base.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a ball !!! I live here near Disney, but I have only been 2 times and then it was for only one day each time . I want to go again some day but i know I could not handle all that walking! You will also enjoy Box Tower,Take lots of pictures !

    ReplyDelete