Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birch Run, Michigan


August 13th - Monday - Birch Run, Michigan

We left Dayton, Ohio this morning after having our air conditioner serviced.  Then we watched the temperature outside drop considerably as we progressed along route 75 north into Michigan on route 127.  We are north of Flint, MI tonight and will stay here two nights.  Tomorrow we are going to drive into Frankenmuth, where we will find the Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland.  If my kids remember, I purchased Christmas ornaments from there one year.  I remember getting Travis a turtle, but don’t remember what I got the other grandchildren.  We will leave the RV here and drive on into Rose City and see Lou’s cousin Jack and Madeline Rice.

We had a wonderful time in Dayton, saw a lot of familiar sites and many sites that were not familiar.  Shopped in Elder Beerman , Krista, you could get lost it this one, it was two stories,  which was a favorite of my daughter’s and mine, bought candy at Esther Price’s, ate at Frisch’s which is where I met my deceased husband and visited the race track, where we went on our first date, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Golden Lamb in Lebanon.  Created many first time memories - Celebrated Lou’s 86th birthday at Bone Fish Grill at The Dayton Mall, which was a great experience.

Yes, Susie, the Dayton Mall is still there and it is huge, so enlarged compared to what it was before, you and I could shop for days and not see it all.  Scott, we ate dinner at The Middletown Mall at The Cracker Barrel.

We did drive through Xenia, and from what I could remember from seeing it after the tornado, it looks like some of the city was not rebuilt, and it is separated one from the other by being called Old Town and Xenia and a vacant area in the middle.

We did go back to Bethany and I had the opportunity to talk to a lovely lady in marketing and she explained the entire concept and gave me some infor to bring home with me, I can not tell you how impressed I am with the complex.  I had to call Scott and share with him and want to mail the information to him also, he has good memories of the woods and orchard along with the girls.

Still no Wi-Fi, so will post when able.
 Wright-Patt Air Force Museum
 Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio

 Frisch's Big Boy
Cincinnati Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment