Sunday, August 5, 2012

First Day of our Journey to Ohio

August 5th - Sunday

We left Wellsboro at 9:30 this morning under overcast skies on our journey to Dayton, Ohio.  Lou has promised me for three years that we would go back to the area that my deceased husband and I had lived and raised our family.  So it will be a bittersweet journey for me.  I have many wonderful memories of that area.  My last position there was as a Project Coordinator for Bethany Lutheran Village.  My duties there were to help develop the existing 102 acres into a retirement community area for senior  citizens.  When I left we had completed a 13 story high rise independent living area and a cottage complex was underway that I was in charge of along with a skilled nursing area that housed over 500 residents.  I am very anxious to see the finished project.  Sadly, all of the executives that I worked with are now residents in heaven.  I moved back to Pennsylvania in 1981 when Al retired from General Motors.

I have promised to take many pictures, as all of my kids are anxious to see what the area looks like now.  I have all of the days planned out as to what I want to see and what I want to see, hopefully it all works out well.

We drove through hard rain in many places today, hence the wash job to the RV no longer shows, but it sure looked good when we left home this morning.

We made our final stop here at Mogadore, Ohio, which is outside of Akron, Ohio for the evening.  We were able to get a drive through spot, therefore, we did not have to unhook so we will be able to get a good send off in the morning.

We plan to be at Wright-Patt Air Force Base in Fairborne, Ohio tomorrow evening and will stay there for a week.  I will post as often as I have Wi-Fi.


We enjoyed a home cooked dinner this evening.  I had baked a chicken at home so we had that along with fresh red potatoes and green beans from the garden and Janet had given us grape tomatoes from her garden and we had lemon cucumbers from our garden so made a new salad from those and had Susie's blueberry crumb  bars for dessert.  Good dinner after travelling all day.
OUR CAMP SITE FOR THE NIGHT

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You'r back !!! I have missed your posts! So glad to see you both up and on the road again. It is so sweet of Lou to take you back to Ohio. Hope you enjoy the trip and your stay there .
    Looking forward to more posts too.

    ReplyDelete