Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Flowers











April 1st - April Fool's  Day

I don't know where Spring went, I guess that is the April Fool's, but I do have flowers bloomed and it you look at the last picture, you can see a honey bee visiting one of the Snow Drops.

Speaking of the Snow Drops, I read on my Almanac Calendar that it is bad luck to bring snow drops into the house.  I was tempted, but with the way this year is going, I thought I certainly didn't need any bad luck.

This is the first year that I have been able to see the crocus bloom, they always bloom while we are in Florida and by the time we return home, they are long gone.  In fact, when Lou found it he didn't even know what it was.  I am really looking forward to the spring flowers this year.  Krista has always enjoyed them in years past and now we will get some enjoyment from them.

We picked up flowers for the cemetery, I thought I was smart in getting pots of flowers, so they would meet the requirements for Catlin Hollow Cemetery and knew they would be fine for Whitneyville also, Krista and I picked out doweling to put through them to keep them in the ground and Lou sharpened them, ready to go.  He set out for Whitneyville and he found he couldn't drill through the bottom of the pot, come to find out the bottom of the pot was cement.  Finally after going through all of the batteries on his drills, the flowers are all at the cemeteries and they look very nice.  Should be nice until Memorial Day when we can put our real flowers.  One thing about them they will stay put!

No comments:

Post a Comment