Sunday, April 7, 2013

What the Bunny Left

Goodies left by the Bunny



The Bunnies - my brother and his wife (Jerry and Joanne)

April 2nd - Tuesday

After returning from Easter Dinner on Sunday we found a card on our counter and there was a note written on the envelope in my brother's writing stating that he had put some meat in our freezer and sure enough, I opened the freezer door and there was some of his own fresh grown ham and a package of ground beef.

You can not get ahead of this couple, no matter what we do for them, they are always ahead of us.  Jerry and Joanne are both so giving.  Always bringing something to us.  He farms the land that belonged to our parents, so I reap the benefits of the land without the labor.  Lou and I have a wonderful view from our kitchen window.  He has beef cattle that roam the pastures, he keeps them in the barn at night, so they are always warm and cozy and very well fed.  He learned that from our father, they used to tell my father he used his profit from the farm by feeding it up to the cows.

Jerry keeps us stocked with freshly ground corn meal that is out of this world.  It makes the best corn bread and I even use it in my corn pudding in place of flour.  Krista asked for my recipe for her Easter dinner and I think that is what makes it the best around.

He plows the huge field behind our house and allows Krista and Steve to use the end of it for their garden and it is the most fertile ground and will grow everything and anything. He and Joanne rent the farm house to Kris and her family and that is wonderful for Lou and me, as they are there to help us at a moments notice and we get to enjoy their company and that we do.  What fun to have all of them next door.

  He keeps the hillside perfectly groomed, no brush, just beautiful countryside to view from our window and Lou and I take advantage of it every time we can.  Our parents would be so proud of the way he has taken care of the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment