Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Gifts

May 28th - Rainy

I think it is a good thing we are  having a rainy day today, as we have spent several days working outside and our muscles need a day to catch up and rest.

The picture above is a picture of three pots of tulips that my granddaughter, Michelle brought to us for Memorial Day.  They are really different, they are basically a white tulip tinged in red.  She felt bad to know that the little chipmunks had delighted in eating most of our tulips bulbs, so we didn't get to enjoy their blooms this spring, so she solved that problem by purchasing up new blooming tulips and now we can plant the bulbs after they finish blooming.

After lunch yesterday, I went outside and worked on our roses.  We have 48 rose bushes, and all were in need of being pruned, fertilized, glued and sprayed and it took me all afternoon to accomplish that job.  Michelle came down and asked me if I would like her to spread mulch on some of my beds while I was working on my roses.  Wow!!  I could hardly believe my ears, it didn't take me long to answer her, she grabbed her dad's wheelbarrow and went to work with the help of two little girls that her mother was baby sitting and they all helped with the task at hand, don't the beds look good?  Sure made this grandma happy.


In fact, I decided this year, I would hire someone to weed eat the bank, as it is just too hard for Lou and I to do, and I have found the Mosso boys willing to do it and they did a great job and will do it when ever I call them.  That way Lou and I can do other things that need to be done outside.  Lou has been trying to haul some rock away that have collected over the years and has been getting rid of rotted tree stumps, trying to mow more with the hand mower.  It is really looking good where he has worked.  I have planted a lot of wild flower seeds also.

We had a frost here on Sunday morning and hopefully that is our last one and now we can finish our garden.

Brion and Janet were at Lou's house this weekend and they did all of his lawn work and his yard looks great also.    They both work in his lawn, and it always shows up with the loving care they give to all of it.

Krista has been helping me divide my daffodils, they haven't been done in a number of years, so we have planted over 300 new bulbs at her house and mine, should be pretty in a couple of years, but the squirrels keep digging mine up.

No comments:

Post a Comment