Monday, February 3, 2014

A Sunday Drive around the Base

February 3rd - Monday 73 degrees

We awoke to Sunshine this morning, which was a huge surprise, as the forecast last evening gave warnings for severe fog.  This is the first morning that we have been able to see the other shore of the St. John River and it is lovely.

We have not had any internet service here since we moved into our new site, which has been very discouraging to both of us.  I called yesterday and the tech decided it was my computer and I told him I thought he was mistaken, as I could not pick up anything on my telephone or my kindle.....  Today our neighbor left and I tried again and presto I connected, so am going to get a post done quickly before someone moves into that spot.

Yesterday we attended church on the base.  Was a lovely service which was Lutheran, and well attended.  A lovely choir that contained 15 members.  They sang Worthy is the Lamb, written by Ray Bolt, one of my favorites.  I remembered being at this chapel two years ago, as they have wonderful music and a great choir director.  The chaplain was new but very inspiring.  His message was delivered as he moved up and down the aisles of the church, without notes.  He spoke from Luke 2:22-40.  Where Jesus is presented to Simeon, at the time of of purification.

After church, we drove to another Waffle House in Atlantic Beach and as Lou likes to do we drove home a different way, and it certainly was, we used the GPS to get to the WH,  but he drove home by the "seat of his pants" it was scenic.  Can't say where we were, as we don't really know, we did get home before dark!!  We love to do that.  Then we drove around the base to see the some of the sights.
They are dredging the River and putting the dirt on the barge and taking out to the ocean
The entrance to the base
A ship in the fog



No comments:

Post a Comment