Saturday, November 15, 2014

Memories

November 15th - Saturday - Sunny - Cold

Lou and I have the opportunity of visiting used car sales lot in Jersey Shore and when I walked in the door this is what I saw.

Memories flowed back so quickly of this car.  This is exactly the car that I drove back and forth to MSU to college in 1960 and what a joy she was to drive.  I was fortunate, she was provided to me by my parents.  Daddy paid for the gasoline, I worked part-time, making the huge amount of $32.00 per week, $10.00 went into my savings, $10.00 to my parents, $2.00 to church offering, and $10.00 to me.  Not bad was it?  What would the kids today think of that?

My parents raised broiler chickens and purchased this car and paid cash for it.  They were so proud of their purchase.  We all worked hard raising chickens along with our dairy cows; however, I wouldn't trade growing up on a working farm for anything.  It was a great like.

No comments:

Post a Comment