Friday, December 12, 2014

Winter Has Arrived in Northern Pennsylvania

December 12th  - Friday 27 degrees

We thought we had escaped the storm that was forecasted for our area; however, we woke up to eight inches of white fluffy snow yesterday morning.  My boots aren't that tall, so Lou shoveled me a little path as he went to the garage to get the snow blower out.  He did the driveway with the blower and I did the decks, sidewalks and the areas that he couldn't reach with the blower.  I really enjoy the snow and this is the first year in two years that I have been able to shovel the light snow, I had to come in twice to get warm and this year I used toe warmers on the feet and that worked pretty good.

Lou was supposed to meet his hunting buddies at 8:00 to go deer hunting, but we didn't get finished until 10:30, and by the time he got there they were gone and he couldn't find them, so he ended up shoveling his driveway at the homestead, as the man that usually plows it never showed up and he knew that Preston would be coming late Thursday night to stay the rest of the week to hunt, so he was really pooped last night.

I spent the afternoon at Krista house making Christmas cookies with she and Michelle.  It was a really nice afternoon, time to chat with everyone and catch up on their lives in their new house.


This gives you an idea of what Krista's kitchen is like.
Krista had her cookies all stirred up and refrigerated when I got there, so it made it a quick process.  Actually she did most of the work, Michelle made the frosting and she and frosted the ones that needed to be done.
This is a picture of their house.
I took this picture a couple days after they moved in,  There is a creek way behind the house, and a beautiful view from the lovely back deck, a potting shed on the left side of the house.  It is a darling home and they feel so very fortunate to be there.  Moving was very stressful for all and one that no one wants to repeat soon.  Where do you get all of "stuff" from??

I am in the process of adopting a Yorkie and it just can't happen quick enough.  I am so anxious, but it is a long process.  I am going through a Pennsylvania organization and they have been very nice to work with and very thorough which speaks volumes for the Yorkies and that is what one would wish.  I didn't think I wanted to go through potty training again, although Estee was very easy and I think when you use a crate and are at home with your pet it is much easier.

I have my Christmas decorations all up inside and out, although I didn't put a lot outside.  I was delighted with the table runner that Susie made me for my birthday last year.  I don't know how she picked colors for Christmas and made sure that they would match my dinnerware so well, she did a perfect job.
Isn't it pretty?
I have to post a picture of the visitors we have every afternoon, I think it is amazing.  They come right up to the barn, but now that we have the snow, I don't know what they will do.  I can go outside and they stay right there.   They were there even during turkey season, and I didn't have the heart to shoot, I just think they are beautiful.

I took this through the window the first time I saw them.




No comments:

Post a Comment