Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Gifts

December 29th - Monday - Cloudy 30 degrees

Christmas is over and I have our tree down and the inside decorations back into the closet for another year.  I still have all of the outside decorations up yet and will keep them up until after the New Year.  I am always anxious to get my house settled back into a routine after the holidays and this year I was especially anxious.  I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer, but didn't want to spend the money on one.  After my two shoulder surgeries, I have not been able to stir dough and Lou has very graciously accomplished that chore for me; however, he purchased this little gal for me for Christmas and let me tell you, she can stir up anything that I want to stir and can do with out any fuss or mess and that counts for a lot for me.  I made a pecan pie pretty quick with her help.
Pecan pie before it went into the oven.
My next project is going to be homemade bread and cinnamon rolls.  This may not be good for our
waist lines, but thankfully Maci needs to be walked frequently!!



No comments:

Post a Comment