Sunday, December 21, 2014

Meet Maci

December 21st - Sunday 28 degrees

This is our new addition is our family.  We picked up our new rescue Yorkie yesterday from her foster family in Frederick, Maryland.  What a delight she is,  God's timing was perfect once again, it was exactly 15 years to the day that I signed the papers for my last Yorkie, Estee.  This little gal, was a puppy mill rescue from the State of Ohio and she will be a challenge to train, but Lou and I are up to the challenge and will enjoy every minute of it.  Love, patience and persistence can go a long ways in training a dog and we are willing to do that.  Her foster family have done so much for her in the few short months that they had her.  They deserve so much credit and I hope to stay in contact with Cindy.  I don't know that I could do what she did and then give her away.

She was a delight t o ride home.  We stopped at Brion and Janet's home on the way home, to give all of us a rest and Maci was able to walk around in their spacious yard and she made her self at home in their beautiful home and then she slept the rest of the three hour trip home.  We stopped in Williamsport for gas and she got out and went potty and back in her bed on my lap and back to sleep.
Her b ed at home in the living room
She was very content to rest in her b ed while we watched a movie on television, then we had to have a run outside before going to bed in a different bed in the bedroom last night, she slept well last night until about 7:30 this morning and then outside.  I was concerned about leaving her while we went to church, so finally decided to put her in the guest bathroom with her bed and a pee pad, she was fine, so accidents when we got back.

We have yet to hear her bark.  I had her outside when my brother put his cows out this morning and she stopped dead in her tracks, but she didn't bark, she just watched them.  The turkeys were all out this afternoon and she once again, watched them and didn't bark then either.  She is a very calm dog and so easy to groom and dress.  Am so looking forward to many years of loving her.
She likes Mike Hucklebee, so she and Lou will get along!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you! Krista told me you got another Yorkie, I am glad I checked your blog to see her , she sure is cute and looks like she will be a great dog for you and Lou.
    Hope you had a great Christmas , Rexa and I are going to Mom's on her BD.for the weekend .Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete