Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dinner at Sigsbee - Key West, FL

March 12th - Thursday - 89 degrees

We have moved from Key West to Moore Haven, FL; however, I have many pictures that I took at Key West that I could not get posted while in Key west, so thought I would do a short post to show some of them.

This is a picture that I took off to the side of the restaurant at Sigsbee, which is the other RV park at Key West Navy Base.  Lou and I went over there one evening for dinner.  It is a very informal  place to eat right on the Gulf.  I tried something different for dinner, I ordered tuna and sea weed.
Tuna and sea weed.
I don't think it is something that I would order again, but I was glad that I had tried it.  Lou and I have enjoyed Tuna steak at home and both of us like that, but this was really different from that, this was not as firm as the steak.

We really did not do much sight seeing while at Key West, as we did all of that the last time while there, so this time we enjoyed walking and reading and soaking up the sunshine.  Maci and I would take my sand chair and go down by the water and watch the boats, read and enjoy the breeze and sunshine, if she got too warm, so would go wading.
One of the Sea Planes landing

Maci watching the waves.

The while and  brown Pelicans.

Maci getting her feet wet.
Lou walked about three miles every other day.  We tried to take Maci, but it was too far for her to go, and we ended up having to carry her back, so we ended up by Lou walking while Maci and I went to the water, as Lou wasn't interested in that, so it worked out good for all of us.
A pooped puppy.
The day before we left, we had a pelican walking in front of our RV and I went out to see what was going on and there was a man along side of it that I didn't know and he told me the pelican had a broken wing and he had called the Wildlife Rescue and someone was coming for it.  I had heard on the radio that there was a reward being offered for anyone with information regarding the slitting of the pelican's pouches.  I thought that was horrible, I have always enjoyed the birds and as I had stated before, they are a favorite of my daughter Susan.
Pelican with broken wing.




No comments:

Post a Comment