Saturday, February 28, 2015

Maci Goes Swimming in the Gulf

February 28th - Saturday - Sunny - 85 degrees

Yesterday when we took Maci for a walk, we decided to take her along the Gulf to see if the guys were catching any  fish, it was pretty hot outside, and I took her down along the water to let her get her feet wet, well, she thought she would just got for a swim.  It really surprised me, as Estee didn't really like the water and we always had to coax her into the water, not this little gal, she just took off and swam out into the water,  We were really pleased that she liked the water, as we usually spend a lot of time around the water.

It has really been a chore to post to my blog here, as my computer won't stay connected to the server and I lose what I have typed, I had this post completed and lost the whole thing twice. So I will try for the third time.

Yesterday Lou and I spent the morning doing laundry, we went to  Sigsbee, which is the other campsite to do it, as there are only two working washers here and I had four loads to do.   It only cost $l.00 per load to do laundry.  I am amazed at the laundries, as the ones where you have to pay are always dirty and the ones that are free are clean.....  After, we got all of our laundry put away, we decided we would go to our favorite Cuban Restaurant for dinner.  El Siboney, this is located on Catherine in Key West.  They have wonderful food, and last night I ordered breaded grouper with yellow rice and black beans and Lou ordered shrimp in a tomato sauce that was seasoned perfectly with the yellow rice and black beans, all of this comes with very tasty Cuban bread that is buttered and hot.

As we were leaving the restaurant a young man came out and stopped us and asked us where we were from.  He thought he recognized Lou, he was a medical professional from New York State and didn't want to be remiss and not speak to him, if indeed he did know him.   We chatted with him for a few minutes before we continued on our way home.

I talked to Scott this afternoon and we have made plans to spend mid March with he and his family.   We always look forward to this time and the time goes very quickly.  I made reservations with the camp ground that we usually stay at that is close to Scott and that is all arranged.  It will be great to have electricity and running water!!


No comments:

Post a Comment