Monday, February 16, 2015

Last Day at Charleston Air Force Base


It's even cold here!
February 16th - Monday - Cloudy 45 degrees

Today is our last day here at the Air Force base, and we have had some cool days and evenings.  We have disconnected our hoses each evening, but has never gotten down to the freezing mark.

Maci thinks that the floors are cold and I have to agree with her, they are cold, even these newer RV's are not insulated like our homes are.  I was glad that I had an older quilt with me and I put that down on the floor for her to lay on and then she still enjoys being covered up.

Today I have made some extra food to enjoy while we are on the road.  I made some homemade chicken noodle soup along with some ham salad for sandwiches.  I have the refrigerator cleaned out, have the laundry caught up and things pretty well taken care of ready to travel.  We have reservations at the sub base in St. Mary's for tomorrow night, that is five miles prior to crossing the Florida line, we will stay there two nights, then be on our way to Key West.  It was only 66 degrees there yesterday.

I am going to miss the open field behind us, as Maci and I have enjoyed a long walk every morning and evening.  In fact, yesterday, I lost one of my brown gloves while we were out and today, I found it.  I thought that was rather lucky.

When I talked to Krista at home today, she told me that it was 17 degrees below zero and they had some frozen water.  She called her landlord and reported it and he was concerned about our water and said he would stop and check on our house on his way to their house.  You talk about good friends.....  Poor little Matthew has the flu, he has been to the ER once and today went back to the doctor.  Today his doctor told Krista his chest was tight and he put him on Prednisone and an antibiotic so hopefully he will improve a little quicker.  Lou and I can sympathize with him, as we both had it after Christmas and it took forever to recover completely.

We are due for rain tomorrow, thankfully, it won't be freezing to travel.
























No comments:

Post a Comment