Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dinner at St. Mary's Seafood and More

February 18th Wednesday - Sunny - Beautiful day - 52 degrees

We are currently at The Naval Submarine Base in Kings Bay, GA, we arrived yesterday afternoon around 5:00 pm.  We should have been here earlier; however, there was a bad accident on I-95 and we were held up there for over an hour.  It was raining when we arrived so we didn't unhook the car until today after the sunshine came out.

As soon as I got around this morning, I set out for the laundry with our sheets and the little bit of laundry that we had collected.  This is a great place to do laundry, as it is free!!  After I finished the laundry, we decided to go to our favorite restaurant for a great meal.  It is located on Osborne Road and has absolutely great seafood.  We were greeted by Taylor and she seated us and brought us our menus and a hot cup of coffee, that I desperately needed, as I don't like the taste of the water at the campsite and I didn't enjoy my coffee this morning.  I ordered a loaded baked potato, with shrimp and a stuffed crab cake and green beans.
My dinner.
It came piping hot with everything with it anyone could possible want to eat with it.  The hush puppies that were served with it were delicious also.  The shrimp was coated very lightly.  I usually order my seafood broiled, but decided would try this and it was wonderful.  Taylor kept our coffee cups full and hot.  It was a great evening of dining.  They give military a discount which is always helpful.
Note the seashells in the vase with the roses.

On the way back I snapped a couple pictures of the area.
Entrance 

Entrance showing a Submarine
Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the Ford garage to see if they can find the problem with the lights on the car.  We have everything packed up tonight and the car hooked up, so we can leave early to keep our appointment at 9:00 am.  I don't know where we will be tomorrow night, we had hoped to be at Cape Canaveral, however, they are full....

No comments:

Post a Comment