Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Travel Day Number 2

February 10th - Tuesday - Rainy

This picture was taken as we traveled along route 81 in Wyeth County, VA.  This is the Blue Ridge Plateau.  I always marvel at the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  I talked Lou into  going route 81, as I am familiar with this route, as I drove it yearly to take my deceased husband back to Tennessee to visit with his family and I always enjoyed those trips.

On this trip I was able to spot Cripple Creek and I remember Al talking about a song that his dad played on the banjo about Cripple Creek, I was so excited to see it on the map.  In fact, I think I remember Grandpa Jones singing the same song.

I was thinking about Steve on the stretch of highway also, as there were many motorcycles out, as it was Sunday when we traveled along 81 and I know Steve is so anxious to be able to get his back on the road.

This morning when I opened t he curtain I found that the yard was full of robins and I was able to catch a quick photo of one.
I will send them north!
I was anxious to get the quilt set up that  Susie made Lou for Christmas, and I did just that on the first night out and had to take a picture of it with my teddy bear and pillows, we just love it.  She did a beautiful job on it and then the table runner and hot pads to go with it.  They are perfect.
Isn't that perfect?
Matthew was having a problem with us leaving this year, so Krista came up with the idea of making a map for him.  She cut out a picture of our RV and put a stick pin in it and hung all of this on his bedroom door, and each night, either we call him, or he calls us to find out where we are and he moves the RV to where we are and that along with the post cards that we will send him will help him be more connected to us.  We thought that was a great idea for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment