Friday, August 6, 2010

Square Dancing



August 6th - Friday Sunny and Cooler

On Wednesday night square dancing was a bit different. We started out with a picnic at 6:00 pm; however, Lou and I were not able to attend that portion of our evening. He has been working with the mechanic at our garage trying to install the new towing hitch on our new car and they have had one problem after another. This project started on Tuesday and isn't completed yet. Hopefully, today will finish up the project.

Back to square dancing, there is a group of square dancers throughout New York State that like to camp and they met at Ives Run to camp for the week and this group of retired people joined our group for an evening of dancing. Some of the square dancers belonged to groups that had closed and no longer dance on a weekly basis, others still belong to active groups. We all joined in and had a really good time. Their colors are red shirts and white pants and for summer our colors are just "casual" some of our seasoned dancers do wear the Canyon Square green shirt. We had three to four squares dancing at all times and a good time was had by all that attended.

I wished I had remembered that I had my camera with me earlier, as the pictures I snapped quickly was as we were all preparing to go home.

Yesterday, my granddaughter, Michelle called me and asked me if I would join she and her mother for lunch at the Native Bagel, I was baking at the time she called and I quickly finished up that job and went into town with them and spent a very enjoyable afternoon with the two of them. Michelle is getting excited about going off to college at the end of this month. In fact, we are planning a trip to Elizabethtown in several weeks so I can see her campus. This also should be a fun time.

Tonight is square dancing here and I need to get things cleaned up a bit before everyone arrives. We are having sundaes for our snack tonight. One of the girls have the recipe for Gus's Candy Kitchen hot fudge sauce and she is making that to bring along. For those of you that don't know about Gus, he was the gentleman that owned and operated The Candy Kitchen in Wellsboro when the majority of us were in school and what a treat it was to have $.25 to stop in at Gus's and have a hot fudge sundae and a fountain Coke. The shop is gone now as is Gus, but the memories are very vivid in all of our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment