Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Final Day at Centre Hall








Final Day of National Muster - September 14th - Tuesday
Sunny 65 degrees Beautiful

We are on our way home after spending nine days in Centre Hall, PA. It was a fun time and a lot of work. The majority of the folks in our Keystoners Club stayed an extra day to clean up and that job was taken care of quickly with many hands and that gave all of us an afternoon to rest and do whatever we wanted to do.

Those of you that know me, know that I don’t sit around easily, and I had been sitting at the First Aid Station for all of these days and I was ready to accomplish something. I cleaned out cupboards in the RV while Lou was working at the dump station and then after lunch, we tackled the compartments under the RV and now they are all cleaned out and orderly, a job I have been wanting to do for some time. I really felt good about that. We finished our jobs just in time to get cleaned up and change our clothes to go out to dinner with our group last evening. We went to Mt Nittany Restaurant which overlooks the valley where we were camping. The elevation at the restaurant was 1809 feet and the view was breathtaking. I am posting some of the pictures I took from our table. Not only was the view delightful, as was our dinner. We started out with French onion soup, French bread with cinnamon and honey butter, for an entrĂ©e, I chose, a filet, baked potato with sour cream and butter and fresh cauliflower, a side salad with creamy raspberry dressing and for dessert I had warm pecan pie and the best coffee I have had in ages. Lou enjoyed seafood scampi and for dessert he had cheesecake.

It is a good thing we have lots to do when we return home to ready our homes and RV for winter, as we need lots of exercise and less food.

We were up early this am and got everything packed up and put away. This was a challenge, as due to change in officers with our local club there was many things to bring home to be sorted through and made ready for the next camp out which Lou and I along with Steve and June Bahr are going to host. This will be the weekend of October 14th in Adamstown, PA. June and I are looking forward to this, as we will be camping in the woods and it will be fall, our favorite time of the year. We have our menus planned and our decorations along with a special craft that we want to do. Good times ahead of us.
Next week is shaping up to be a very busy week. We will start out with square dancing tomorrow night, the Buick needs to be serviced on Thursday and hopefully, we will be able to attend the RV Show in Hershey on Thursday. So let’s get home and get unpacked and get the laundry done and packed up for the next time.

A special thanks to Krista for cutting the grass for us while we were gone and for she and Steve for picking the fresh produce in the garden. I want to get some tomatoes canned and some chili sauce made. Isn’t retirement grand??

No comments:

Post a Comment