Saturday, October 16, 2010

Second day - Adamstown, PA




October 16th - Saturday, beautiful sunny day - 54 degrees

Our day started before the sun came up this morning. In fact this Blog Post will be in sections,as our day is divided into sections today.

Lou and I quickly readied ourselves for the day and took our supplies for breakfast to the clubhouse. Steve arrived earlier than us and had the coffee started; however, we blew a circuit breaker and had to work that problem out before we could finish breakfast. All worked out and breakfast was served as each member sleepily appeared at the clubhouse. Everyone seemed to enjoy the hot breakfast. We all chatted until 9:00 when we held our business meeting, electing new officers for the upcoming year and signing up as sponsors for the monthly Musters starting in April. We are all in agreement we would like to visit other places in Pennsylvania and perhaps, neighboring states, so should be an interesting upcoming year. We also decided that we are going to meet for a Holiday Luncheon in December before we all set out for the sunny south. Our National Muster will be in Oklahoma and we have several couples that will be traveling to this and that will be held in September. Thankfully, our group doesn't have to work this year, we get to enjoy.

After breakfast, I brought the leftovers and dirty pots back to the RV and scrubbed them all up for the next outing. I also needed to prepare my dish for the potluck tonight. I am making a spinach quiche. While I was doing all of this Lou and Steve made a quick trip to an appliance shop to seek equipment to repair Steve's RV radio and Lou needed to pick me up some acrylic clear spray, as are going to paint ceramics this afternoon for a special craft. Krista poured us some Halloween and Thanksgiving items that I thought the ladies would enjoy painting and taking home with them. So that is the next thing to do. You can see from the pictures it is a beautiful day here and I am in hopes I can get out and walk a bit, and take Estee out.

Lou and I took Estee to the vet on Wednesday prior to leaving for here. She has had a raspy sound and drinking excessively and I was concerned about congestive heart failure. When I called the Vet we have always seen, she did not have an opening in the Wellsboro office and suggested I see one of the new doctors in Mansfield, and we agreed. I was very impressed with this new physician, Dr. Suresh. He went all over Estee, which will be eleven years old this month. As he listened to her lungs he was shaking his head telling us "not good". At the end of his examination, he explained it could be a number of things. Our last visit to the Vet had ended with Estee being placed on Prednisone (a steriod) for an allergic reaction? This being done, our new physician could not do any lab work, as there might be false positive results, so we agreed to give her an antibiotic for two weeks along with Benedryl and then call him with her progress and if she isn't improving we will do lab work and chest x-rays to confirm the CHF. I knew I would feel badly, but I was not ready for Lou's reaction, he has become very attached to Estee and told us he couldn't bare the thoughts of not having her, so............. Thus far we haven't seen any improvement, she still loves to play ball with Lou and sit on his lap whenever his bottom hits a chair. Estee even has to go to the bathroom with him. It is surprising that the majority of our SMART people travel with dogs and most of them are large dogs, but Lou and I prefer these small no shedding dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment