Monday, March 17, 2014

A Visit to Brandy's Bridal Shop in Winter Haven, FL

March 15th - Saturday 78 degrees - Beautiful Sunny Day.

My niece, Cheryl Schoonover, had asked us if we would like to drive to Winter Haven and meet my up with my two nieces and have lunch, so Lou and I made the hour and half journey and drove to the designated place which was my great-niece's bridal shop.  Brandy is the daughter of my niece, Rexa.  Unfortunately, Rexa was sick and couldn't come, but the rest of us had a wonderful lunch and visit.

This is an interesting story, as my sister, Daisy has the gift of sewing and sew she does and has done all of her life by machine and by hand.  She had her family had a costume shop in Winter Haven for years, went into Bridal wear, crafts and anything that could be done in the way with a needle and thread, or by way of crafts.  This talent was passed along to her daughters, Rexa and Cheryl and both of the girls still use their talents daily to create beautiful gowns, quilts, dresses, aprons, pot holders and as I said before, any thing a needle and thread can do.  I have many gifts that they have made for me that are beautiful and one of a kind, the ideas that come to their heads are just not seen other places.

Cheryl has painted murals on church walls, any blank wall that needs a lift just beacons to her and she is on it.  Her quilts along with my sisters have won many ribbons and cash rewards.  Rexa's wedding gowns are a sight to behold, along with her prom dresses.  My granddaughter has enjoyed wearing them over the years, along with a couple of her girl friends.

When my kids were growing up, my sister often sent Halloween costumes to them and later when I came back to Pennsylvania and we dressed up at the office, she sent me costumes that we so much fun to wear.

Lou and I have a quilt in the RV that my sister made for us that is all hand stitched and it is just beautiful and since our electric blanket bit the dust, we have been using it every night.  She has an eye for color and the colors are beautiful and go so well with the RV.
Cheryl, Kathy, Lou and Brandy
We are all standing outside the old post office that dates back to 1926.  It is a beautiful building where all of these little shops are located.  We ate lunch in a restaurant across from the post office.

The Ballroom
I snapped this picture of the Ballroom, they were getting ready for a wedding in their, but I thought it was a beautiful room, this was also located in this old building, where these shops were.

Cheryl
I took this of Cheryl at the rear entrance of the building.  It was a really interesting building and we certainly enjoyed our afternoon with all of the Cheryl and Brandy.  We will get to see Cheryl at my sister's house in the middle of next week in Live Oak on our way home.

When we left Winter Haven we drove home a different way so we could stop in Plant City to get a strawberry milkshake for me and for Lou strawberry shortcake and strawberry jam to take home to our kids.  We stood in line for 35 minutes to do so.
The line at Parkesdale
But, it was worth it and we know at least Matthew and Krista will enjoy their strawberry jam.

I had forgotten to mention that on Friday we drove to Riverview to visit friends from Wellsboro, Larry and Marie Packard for the afternoon.  I was amazed that I remembered their address from talking to them last winter.  They live above Shawn and Maegan and we square dance with them, so they were surprised when we showed up, as we didn't have their phone number.

Sunday we went to church here at Fam Camp and had a wonderful sermon by a retired Methodist pastor on the topic of the cross.  Scripture from  Mark.  It was very good and I made a lot of notes, after church we went to Mamma's for breakfast with George and Joyce, a retired Army Col. from Virginia.  We had a nice visit once again and enjoyed our breakfast.  Joyce has recently broken her right arm for the second time so we have a lot of sympathy for each other.

Today it is raining and we have extended our time here at MacDill, we will now be leaving next Monday; therefore, we will be able to see the Air-Show, which delights my husband to no end and I will also enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment