Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Making the Best of Two Rainy Days

March 25th - Tuesday - Rainy and cold

We have extended our time at MacDill Air Force Base, due to an electrical problem in our coach.  Our outlets on our galley side of the coach do not work, nor the ones in the bathroom.  The rear A/C unit does not operate.  We called a tech to come to our site to look the situation over and he gave Lou some pointers to check out on Friday and he did all of those and all of that was fine.  The Tech was going out of town and wouldn't be back until Wednesday.  We called two RV repair places and they do not have any openings for two weeks.  One tech told me that it might be as simple as the electric coming in on the pole outside our unit; however, with all of the hard rain yesterday no one wants to work with it then.

We found out on Sunday that we can have our taxes prepared on base at the Retiree Activity Center free of charge, so we went yesterday to find out about it, and sure enough we can, so I worked on all of that yesterday, as I had brought all of the information with me, thinking if I got a secure site, I would do it on line, but I would still have to pay to do it on line.  That is how we spent our morning, we had our taxes done this morning and it was absolutely free and a very pleasant experience.  Last year an attorney did it for us at the expense of over $300.00. and before that H&R Block and the cost was always way over $300.00.  Prior to my marriage to Lou, I had always done ours and made out fine.
Really feel great to have that all accomplished and it has been e-filed and we don't  have to worry about getting home in time to get it done.

Now if we can just get the electrical problem solved, we will be all set.  We did get the laundry done yesterday, but it wasn't a satisfying experience, as here I like to hang a lot of my laundry outside on their big lines, as due to the steady rain, we couldn't do that.  I still want to wash my rugs and sheets before we leave here, as we will dry camp at my sister's house.

Yesterday, I baked a fresh Strawberry pie using my recipe from my Hobby Farm magazine.  It uses Jell-O that I cook to make the glaze.  It turned out really well and we had it for dessert last evening along with pork chops and escalloped potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment