Monday, September 8, 2014

Catching Up

September 9th- Tuesday 73 degrees

Currently we are camping at Merry Meadows in Freeland, Maryland and we have a wonderful internet connection and here I can't work outside, so I will take a few minutes and make a blog post.

August has been a very busy month.  We have spent most of the month working outside as you can see from previous posts.  We have let things go for the last two years, and the time has come where we can't any longer. My shoulder has kept me from doing, I guess when I hurt, I just  don't have the energy to think about what needs to be done....

I had another MRI of my shoulder done last week and went back to see Dr. Rackish in Williamsport and I do have another tear in my rotator cuff; however, he  doesn't want to do surgery at this time, as he doesn't think it will help the pain, he gave me an injection and I do think it has helped some, so I am learning to live with it.

Krista has been coming down a couple times a week to help me do outside things and that is a great help, she is always willing to do whatever we need help with and little Matthew loves to follow Grandpa around.  So far we have gotten all of the iris, peonies, day lilies, lamb ears and holly hawks cut down for the season.

We have some heavy pruning to do in the back of the house when we get back home then I can call to have our house power washed for the season.  I am anxious to do the decorating for fall.  I did get the back deck scrubbed and all of the summer items washed and put away for the year.  I am ready to purchase mums.

Lou and I attended Lou's granddaughter's wedding on the 24th of August and that was a delightful event. I could not believe that I did not take one picture.  Someone told me that means I was having so much fun and I guess that must have been the case.  Lou only took a few.  We stayed over night in a motel in Clearfield, PA that Brion picked out, it was lovely,  then we all had  breakfast together in Tyrone.  We went back to Preston and Susie's house to see the new renovations and wow, they were beautiful.  It was a wonderful weekend and a beautiful outside wedding at Penn State.  Stephanie made a beautiful bride.

Lou and I asked my sister to make one of her hand made quilts for Stephanie and Bohb and she was glad to  do that and my Susie did a label for the quilt to commemorate the occasion.
Stephanie and Bohb
Lou took this picture outside before we were all ushered inside.

Stephanie and the photographer

Last Sunday we attended the Kemp reunion.  Dave Kemp is the older living member  of the family.  He is 94 years of age.  Still pretty sharp.  Many of you remember Judge Kemp, Dave is his brother.  He is a first cousin  to Lou.
Dave Kemp

So you can see from what little I have written about, we have been busy and hopefully we can accomplish lots in September,  because, you know what is coming.  Burrr....



No comments:

Post a Comment