Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Loving Retirement






Tuesday - September 30th - Sunny 82 degrees

Oh!! How I love retirement!!  When I was still working, I would take my vacation, all two weeks of it, the first two weeks of October, as fall was my favorite time of the year.  When my parents were still alive, it would take that long to get their home ready for winter and then Al and I would also get our home and barn secured for the cold also.  Then after I lost my parents and Al, Krista and I would make a list and we would tackle what needed to be done and we would spend those two weeks doing what needed to be done here.  However; now that I am retired I can take my time and do the things that need to be done at my leisure and still enjoy this lovely fall weather.

This morning the fellows that come to weed eat the bank, came and took care of that job for us, then Lou decided he would rake the weeds down, dig up some big rocks and prepare an area for a rock wall and a bed for wild flowers.

Matthew going to help Grandpa

While Krista and Matthew worked on hauling rocks, I cleaned out the Tack Room, or what Lou uses as his Shop.  Took the curtains down and washed them, did the windows and got rid of all of the cobwebs, cleaned off the shelves and ran the shop vac over the floor.  Looked pretty good when I finished.
Tack Room after being cleaned

Rear door of Tack Room

Krista and Matthew taking a break

Lou and Krista found a hidden "treasure"!
We think it had been an automatic drinking fountain for the chickens years ago.

This is where Lou is going to build the stone wall.

Area is cleared off for the wild flowers next year.
We are in hopes that tomorrow we can get our epoxy on the garage floor.   The cement filler that Lou applied to the little cracks has not dried sufficiently to be sanded; therefore, we have had to hold off on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment