Saturday, April 4, 2015

At MacDill Air Force Base - Tampa, FL

April 4th - Saturday - 84 degrees - Sunny

We arrived here last Friday and it has been lovely, we were able to get a site and it is a great site, we are close to Sea Scapes Beach House, and we love to go up there to eat, or pick up food to eat at home.  We can sit on the deck and watch the ship come and go on Tampa Bay.  The first night, Lou walked up and picked up their Friday night special which was Crab legs and shrimp and we had a feast.
This is one order and we split it.
When we got here, it was cool for several days, and I actually wore jeans and a sweater for two days and it was a wonderful break, but now the weather is back to being hot again, I try to get my walk in during the morning and stay in during the afternoon and enjoy reading.  Lou enjoys the heat of the afternoon, but Maci and I just can't take it.

Maci has been having problems with diarrhea off and on since we got her and our vet at home suggested that we have her checked for parasites so we did that here on base and she tested negative for  that; however, the vet did  put her on Flagyl for ten days and a good probiotic and a bland diet after a day of no food or water.  It was interesting the base vet found that she has two microchips and suggested that I report that to the Yorkie Rescue, which I did and they were very glad that I did that and they recorded the additional number.

We have been catching up on some things that we have put off until we could get here.  We have an appointment to have our taxes filled out on Monday.  We have been shopping at the commissary twice, as it is a large and well stocked one here.  We purchased an iPad Air at the BX, I had been looking at them for some time, and Sue convinced me that I would be able to work it.  She helped me with the Facetime and I think I am going to like it.  Going to need some help with the e-mail portion of it when I get home, but think Michelle can help me with that.  Want to get my blog posting set up on it as I can see that will be much easier on it.  Love the camera.

Lou grilling our dinner of sausages and peppers.

Can you see the Manatee?

Double crested Cormorant.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment