Monday, April 27, 2015

Day in Washington, DC

April 24th - Friday

While we were at Andrews Air Force Base we decided we would spend a day and drive around Washington, DC.  Lou was stationed at Andrews for three years and at Bolling Field for three years so was very familiar with the area and I have had the pleasure of visiting Washington on many occasions, but never tire of seeing the area.

Lou had donated money towards the Air Force Monument but had never gotten to see it and I had seen it on my last visit to Arlington National Cemetery so I suggested that we drive over to that area so he could view that.  We put Maci in the car and off we went.  I apologize for the picture being at the wrong angle, I fixed it in my camera, but when I post it, I can not get it correct, you will have to use your imagination.
This is located on a hill overlooking Arlington National Cemetery.
I also took a frontal picture of the men that I thought was good,
Notice how the  trees are just beginning to leaf out.

I am going to post the rest of the pictures that I took while we were traveling around.  I took many more, but I am running out of time, as Lou has gone into Carlisle to pick up our drugs and when he returns we will begin the end of our journey.
This was taken from the Hill over looking Washington

Can't miss the Monument!

Looking down on a small portion of Arlington National Cemetery.

Construction every place we drove.

Another one of the front of the Capitol.
It was a nice day, and a day that I was glad that Lou was driving and not me.  I thought New York City was bad!!  Although the men don't seem to mind!!




No comments:

Post a Comment