Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Easter Sunday - Christ Arose!!    84 degrees - Full Moon this AM and Bright Sunshine this PM

Lou and I set the alarm clock for 5:00 this morning so we could attend the Sunrise Services at MacDill Air Force Base.  It was held on the beach and it was a balmy 70 degrees at 6:00 when we arrived.  There was a very heavy dew and thankfully, I remembered the last time we attended and I took along a blanket to sit on and a quilt to put over our legs, as I knew there would be a breeze coming in from the bay and there certainly was.

The Service was well attended by all ages and all nationalities; young and old.  Two different chaplains took part in the service,  Chaplain Johnson did everything with the exception of the message and Chaplain McIntosh delivered the inspiring message based on the scripture from John.The praise and worship music was lead by Joe Carrender, he sang Sea of Crimson and Overcome, both were done very well.  The sound system was wonderful and every word could be understood and heard well.  Lou said that he had trouble with the wind whistling in his hearing aid.
The final hymn or praise song was a favorite of mine, one of Bill and Gloria Gaither's, Because He Lives, which I always feel  is very appropriate for Easter or any time of the year for a Christian.

Chaplain McIntosh

Joe Carrender.
After the service everyone was invited back to the chapel for breakfast that was prepared by the Base staff which we felt was very generous for them to do for everyone.

After we returned home, I quickly changed my clothes and took Maci for a walk, she didn't know what to think when we woke her up so early this morning and took her out while it was still dark, so I thought I owed her a nice long walk; however, she pooped out on me and I had to carry her home.  She has problems with the heat and likes the A/C!!

When we got home Kris called and told me that they had snow, but the best thing was when they awoke this morning a live rabbit was sitting at their back door, so they quickly awoke Matthew and told him that the Easter Bunny was there, and you talk about an excited little boy......  This will be an Easter for him to remember, with real bunny tracks.  I can remember making tracks for the kids oh so many years ago.......

We have enjoyed doing FaceTime with them today and I was able to show them the green grass and trees here and they showed us the snow at home!!  She has a big dinner planned for today and I think she said 15 people coming, so will be a busy day for them.  I was glad to hear the plans for Michelle's graduation, we are so proud of her.

This is going to be a busy week, have many things planned, seems like we wait for the last minute to accomplish the last things.  We want to get to Plant City for berries, Camping World, Beach, visit some friends, Maci  back to the doctor, get our taxes done along with the regular things that need to be done.

We are going out for dinner late this afternoon, will use one of our gift cards that we received for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment