Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bittersweet

After getting DH fed and on his merry way to chase the deer through the woods, I tackled my daily jobs, even had time to do some decorating in the house. Seems like every year I look at all of the things I have packed away and wonder where I had placed all of them last year. I am pleased with the way it all came together this year.

Krista and I had set this day aside to tackle some "bittersweet memories".
Many years ago Sue had given her dad a Memory book for him to fill out, which he had completed before he died. We had a problem, one book and two grandsons in Sue's family. Kris and I thought we would copy the book and make up a scrap book and add some pictures, so Kris scanned the book and printed it on card stock and then we went through pictures and added pictures to make it complete. This will be given to both of the boys at Christmas time. Kris had a girlfriend at her house today also, so the three of us tackled the job and we had a good time telling and remembering each and every picture. All good memories passed on to two loving grandsons.

I scurried home from Krista's to get dinner on for the hunters and they didn't show up until after 6:00 pm, obviously we had a late dinner, and they did not get a deer; however, Casey did get a buck. Now the deer can rest and find a warm spot to bed down, as we are to have some bad weather.

Sunday is going to be a busy day, church, The Messiah Sing-A-Long at the Episcopal Church and then on to the Hand Bell and band concert at the high school.

Guess we can say we are in the midst of the Christmas season and still have time to have enjoyment each day.

1 comment:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. What a WONDERFUL gift that will be!!!

    ReplyDelete