Monday, December 14, 2009

Touring Texas

Allow me to explain my title. After nearly two week of hunting, Lou wanted to get caught up on his reading. Preston got Lou started reading William W. Johnstone western books around ten years ago and he has found many hours of enjoyment with this colorful author. I recently found a new series that Lou had not read, and ordered them. These books are historical westerns and the main character takes the reader through the battle of the Alamo with Sam Houston, Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett. Lou and I are both interested in history, so we tracked the story on the map and found there were huge distances that these colorful characters traveled under difficult circumstances. Can you believe we spent the majority of the day reading his book and discussing what we had read. He did finish his book and has started the second one in this series of nine books. Retirement is wonderful!!

I did get my sheets washed and hung on the lines again, I think Lou thought I was a bit crazy thinking they wouldn't dry; however, they are back on the bed and smell just wonderful.

We had gourmet hot dogs and potato salad for dinner, a nice treat after having big meals last week.

After dinner, we quickly got ready for Bible study and arrived on time and enjoyed an evening discussing the scriptures that will be used in our worship for Epiphany Sunday. After we got home, Lou and I got out an old Bible Story book that I had growing up and re-read the Christmas story, as we heard many renditions of the Christmas story this evening, and it seems the stories that our parents told us, is what we really remember. Did you know that the word Magi doesn't have a meaning in Hebrew??

I am on the worship committee at church and will be doing the scripture readings every third week while we are in town. Lou and I will also be greeters, the first Sunday for that is the 27th of December. Pastor Keith asked me to make up forms that can be handed to new folks to enable him to meet visitors needs. I am very happy with my new church home, and am so grateful to the members for making me feel one of them.

We stopped at Lou's sisters home on the way home from Bible study. She will be flying to Texas on Wednesday to spend the holidays with one of her sons and his family. She had just finished an afghan for a lady and she wanted Lou to see it before the lady picked it up. It had a huge cat in the center of it, and Lenore did her usual great crafting job on it. We will miss her while she is away, and pray for a safe flight for her.

Thanks to you folks that have given us positive feed back on the blog. We are enjoying doing the posts, Lou even comes up with some of the ideas.
Thought we might have a deer to show you, but guess Tim would have to show us his deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment