Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Border is Up


February 9th Wednesday -13 degrees - Sunny - very little windy

This morning was certainly different from yesterday, in respect, that we did not have to shovel, other than Lou did go out and shovel a couple spot that did drift during the night last evening. He did wait for the temperature to travel from the negative thirteen degrees to a positive twenty degrees to do so and that was just before lunch.

We received an additional four inches of snow yesterday which wasn't all that bad, as it was a light snow; however, the wind blew at thirty miles per hour gusts and you know that caused drifts, so finally we just gave up and left it for day light today.

I have continued with my kitchen. I have taken everything out of all of my cupboards, sorted, thrown some things away, given things away and given things to Good Will. Lou has repaired some drawers that needed attention. We are now awaiting the arrival of the new items that we ordered. The wall paper border is up. Every knick-knack, doily, napkin, dishtowel, table runner, etc. has been washed, hung outside and ironed ready to find a new spot once everything arrives.

Only had one mishap.... I was replacing the twinkle lights above the island between the kitchen and the living room going from one chair to the next when I missed a chair, and I grabbed the decorative rail that goes around the shelf it didn't hold me, it pulled apart and the little pegs flew from one end of the living room to the other end of the kitchen, was kinda funny hearing them land all over the hardwood floor. Actually sounded like a gun being shot. Lou had quite a task of reconstruction to get it all back in place. He was about finished and announced that he still needed one peg and we found it laying on the counter after we had looked under everything in our out and out search. Needless to say, I was a little sore the next day, but shoveling snow helped with the soreness.

The picture of the cows is a glimpse I saw out of the kitchen window as I was getting ready to wash our window. My brother had just let the cows out of the barn and they were going for a walk in the winter snow. Thought it was a pretty contrast in the newly fallen snow. I wonder if they know how lucky they are to have a nice warm barn to sleep in each evening.

Tonight is our Valentine Dance at Square Dance, also Chocolate Night. Lou and I along with Jim and Delores are in charge of refreshments and I have fixed homemade fudge, and another homemade candy that is made with crackers, and white sugar cookies that I have decorated, Delores made brownies, a different candy and all members bring their favorite chocolate dessert. Sound be a good night. The worse part is going to be wearing those short skirts with the below zero temperatures. The men are lucky they can wear "long johns" and no one knows!!

Our registration did come, so we just need some warm weather and to get caught up here at home. March 3rd is still a good goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment