Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kitchen is Done and More Snow







February 27th - Sunday - 30 degrees - Four inches of Snow

Folks, in the last six days we have had 26 inches of snow and Lou has shoveled, run the snow blower and shoveled some more. Last night when he came back from the barn, after shoveling to make sure we can get the motor home out today, he said he was hanging up the shovel for the year; however, we awoke to four inches of snow this morning. He finally agreed to let me go out with him to help him clear everything off. Once again, he got the snow blower out and did the drive way, and I did the decks and sidewalks and helped him scrape after he finished with the blower and of course, at that point the snow plow decided to go past and fill in the end of the drive way. Once again, we are ready here to bring the motor home over this afternoon. Krista and Steve are going to help us get it over here. Allyn plowed in front of the barn yesterday, so now Steve will help Lou shovel and then we can get the things out of the house and the basement and get them in the motor home and then we can leave from here on Tuesday morning.

Our plans are to leave here on Tuesday and drive to Carlisle to pick up our medication for three months from the base stay there overnight and then drive to Virginia on Wednesday, and plan on being in Tennessee on Friday to visit with Al's family in the afternoon and then to Fort Campbell in Tennessee on Friday night and spend the weekend there with Spencer and
leave from there to go to my sister's home in Live Oak, Florida on Monday, but I don't know when we will arrive there.

From the pictures you can see that the kitchen is finished. I will tell you that I have now found a black lamp shade for the lamp on the antique dresser in the kitchen. I didn't think we would find one, but leave it to my husband, he found one. The house is all cleaned, even the hobby room, all windows are washed, just have the kitchen floor to do and the carpet in the bedroom and our bathroom to do and will do that after we have everything else done.

Michelle, I want you to notice the picture of the cactus, that is yours. Remember when you brought that stragley little piece home to me years ago? The poor thing has had so many mishaps and finally has rewarded us with a bloom. I was so pleased and knew you would be also.

You can also see from the pictures just how high the snow is stacked up next to the garage, and remember that we had a weekend of melting, and in many places we could see the grass. Last Sunday when Brion and Janet were here I could see my daffodils, no chance of that now!!

Probably my next post will be on the road and that will be as we have internet coverage. I had wanted to get coverage that I could carry with me through T-Mobile; however, it is not sold around here, so will have to wait until I can pick it us further south.

If anyone locally would like to see our RV, it will be in our driveway until we leave on Tuesday morning, feel free to stop by for a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment