Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day





February 14th Valentine's Day 41 degrees - Thawing!!!

Lou and I celebrated Valentine's Day by going to Head Start early this morning to square dance for them and then we taught them a couple easy steps. They were all fun to work with and all eager to learn. Us older folks are all amazed at how quickly the little folk learn. Wish we could pick up the steps as easily as they do. I know I wouldn't have to take as many lessons.

We here in northeastern Pennsylvania are witnessing something we have not seen in some time. It is called thawing of the snow and ice. A very welcome sight.

We had thought our pheasant has left; however, Lou called me this morning to come to the kitchen window and there she was filling her beak with sunflower seeds. I don't know where she had been for the last few days, but she must have found a safe haven some place.

Lou and I are off to have the car serviced and then to the mall to run errands and have dinner out and take advantage of the good roads to get a few extra things accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment