Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breakfast with Speedy and Eleanor


March 4th - Day 4 - Leaving Pigeon Forge

We were up early as we had plans for breakfast this morning. I could not go through Tennessee without seeing my deceased husband’s brother and his wife.

I called them last evening and asked them if we could meet for breakfast and we made arrangements to meet at a Cracker Barrel at 9:00 this morning. After Speedy and Eleanor talked about meeting us, Speedy reminded Eleanor her about the difficult time I had last time finding the interstate from their house. Ha!! They decided to call us back with better directions!! I am not the best with directions, hence the reason I invested in a GPS; however, my husband is a map man!!

It was 8:30 when we left our campsite, so it was about 9:30 when all met in the parking lot and what a reunion it was. It had been four years since I had seen them. After introductions they toured the motor home, held Estee, they have two small dogs themselves, then we all went in to have breakfast, it was a wonderful morning, with many stories shared all around. Speedy had also been in the Air Force; therefore, he had been to many of the places Lou had been to. All in all it was a very rewarding morning, and it was almost 11:30 when we left. With hugs all around we were off and back on 640 on our way to Fort Campbell in Tennessee.

Lou and I had many stories to share on our way to meet us with his grandson Spencer at Fort Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment