Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally a New Post



March 29th - Tuesday - Hot and Humid

Sorry Folks it has been so long since the last post. I have been sick and have just managed to do what I had to do to get through each day. Thankfully, I brought my nebulizer and all of my medication along with me, and it seems at this point I am over the worst part of it.

Yesterday we have a day of rain. In fact, at last count, we had almost three inches of rain, so most of the pollen was washed away and now just the humidity remains, so have stayed inside today with the air-conditioner and decided to take advantage of our purchase of fresh strawberries from Plant City and make a fresh strawberry pie for dinner tonight.

One afternoon last week Lou talked me into riding up to Plant City to pick up a flat of fresh berries and he got a flat of berries for $6.99 and they are simply delicious. I asked him what we were going to do with all of those berries, and he told me we would eat them morning, noon and night and that is just about what we have done, we only have three boxes left and we want to go back for more next week.

I had found a new recipe for strawberry pie in a new magazine I had ordered just before we left and Krista mailed my magazine to me, and it calls for cooked jello to make the filling, so tired it for our dinner, it certainly looks wonderful.

Lou has caught cold and has a horribly sore throat, so have started him on PCN so we have postponed the air show until later in the week and hopefully the weather will be better and he will also feel better.

It will be nice is we can both feel well at the same time so we can get out and enjoy doing something together. Many of the folks are leaving for the north, but from what we hear from our families, we are very content to stay right here and enjoy the warmth of the 80's, but will enjoy the lower humidity later in the week.

I finally purchased Virgin Mobile for my internet service as I could never get on line before I got sick and think that perhaps this will work while we are traveling. I will try and do better at posting, I know I have missed reading the blogs from my family members also.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you finally got your internet woes worked out! Now you and Lou need to start feeling better so that you can actually enjoy some of your vacation!

    (Spring isn't here to stay yet...1-2 inches of snow coming tonight!)

    ReplyDelete