Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day




March 17th - Thursday - Beautiful Day 83 Degrees high

Lou and I both slept in late today. We both took Benedryl last night, I had started coughing again so thought perhaps it was allergy induced and Lou for his fire ant bites, so needless to say, we both slept well.

After a late breakfast, we put everything in the crock pot for our typical St. Patrick's Day dinner and then I was off to do lots of laundry. The base has built all new clothes lines and many more, so I was excited about being able to hang lots of clothes on the line, and that is exactly what I did. I stripped our bed along with the rest of the other laundry I had five loads of laundry. What a joy it was to hang clothes on the line in the sunshine. The bed will smell good when we crawl in to it tonight. While the clothes were washing, I did the ironing that was left from last week, so tonight everything in the laundry is caught up.

By the time I got all of laundry done, it was time to get dinner on the table, complete with Irish Soda bread and Key Lime Pie, it was all very good, and I think we both over ate, so to work some of it off, we decided to wash the car after dinner. We had run it through the car wash after we got here, but it really needed a hand wash. Tomorrow, I will clean the inside and do the upholstery with the cleaner and conditioner that Casey and Spencer gave us for Christmas. It will be a pleasure to do it in the warm weather. Once we get caught up on some of the need to get done things, we can do some of the fun things.

We have had some nice phone calls today, one from some friends that are travelling in California and they report paying almost $5.00 a gallon for gasoline. One from a gentleman from our church that is transporting a group of singers in concert around Florida. It is always good to hear from folks from home.

I have posted some pictures of the inside of the RV as we are living in it, thought some of the family would like to see what it looks like on a day to day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment