Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Geogia


Some of the wild flowers growing along the road coming into Georgia
Wildflowers in Florida
Daisy's flower bed - notice the bowling ball lady bug and coffee can Caterpillar
Daisy and Lacy with her new hair do!
Daisy and Kathy
Daisy and Lacy
Some of the many many beautiful flowers
Butch, his wife, Kathy, Estee, Kathy, Jean and her dog, Angel

March 28th Wednesday - Sunny Forecasted to be 88 degrees

We arrived here yesterday at 4:30 pm after spending a wonderful day and night with Daisy and her sweet new puppie Lacy. She has recently purchased her and what a pair they have become. Daisy had always had larger outside dogs and this is a huge change for her one that she is certainly enjoying.

We spent the time chatting non stop catching up on all of the family news, although Daisy reads all of my blogs and we write back and forth and talk on the phone, so we really keep in close touch with each other as does my brother and his wife, so it is always good just to see her. She and I have a lot in common and like many of the same things. One of the best things was the home made food. She made us potato salad and Cole slaw two of our favorite things and we ate and ate some more. She made a wonderful chocolate cake that Lou fell in love with and even had to have a piece before we left yesterday.

Daisy made me a memory quilt and I will post more on that later. It is made from laces, taffeta, and very fine fabrics and you attach items that have sentimental feelings to it. I have always admired the ones that she has made for herself and her daughters, knowing it would not be something that I could do, as they have every kind of hand stitch you can think of on it in every detail you can imagine. I have special items that belonged to my parents and grandparents that I want to add it it. I layed in bed on Monday night thinking about it and the hours she spent doing it and what I wanted to do with it. She is such a special person and does such lovely things for me knowing that I can never repay her. I so appreciate her hand work, knowing that each stitch is done with love in it.

Our visit with Jean was also enjoyable. She also has a new puppy and she surely is a live wire. She is a poodle and just wanted to play, so Lou gave her a new ball and they played!!. Jean has her house for sale and she is going to go to Pennsylvania and live with her daughter. She and Lou rehashed many old stories of years past and I always enjoy hearing them. It makes me feel that I was right there in the midst of their lives. I have great admiration for Jean and she has always included me in her circle of friends, and calls through out the summer, and I will be glad to have her in Pennsylvania. We wish her well in her new endeavor.

Last night we got settled in, had a good dinner and gave Estee a bath and one for each of us, enjoyed our Tuesday night television programs and today will get our laundry caught up and be back on the road on our way to probably Charleston making our way to see Aunt Hettie in North Carolina and will stay at the Coast Guard Station in Elizabeth City for two days there.

As I am writing this there is a Cardinal sitting on our mirror outside of the RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment