Friday, March 8, 2013

Hobbies

March 8th - Friday

Lou and I have been using these winter days doing some things that we enjoy doing, but not being able to do when we travel to the south.  Lou had a lot of slides that needed to be sorted and put into carousels to be viewed.  I was able to find some carousels on line to order and they have arrived; therefore, Lou has been busy sorting and getting them ready to insert them into the carousels to be viewed.  We have enjoyed looking at old slides and he has enjoyed reliving old memories and sharing old stories with me.  Many of his pictures of Europe were the same as the ones that I had.  He still has many hours of work left to accomplish the task at hand.

I have been reading while icing my shoulder.  I have always supported Family Life Ministries in Bath, NY but had never taken the time to ready Dick Snavely's book that he wrote on the history of the history of FLM.  Once I started the book, I found it very hard to put the book down.  Was an amazing testimony to a life lived to the glory of God.  Over the years Mr. Snavely has always said "To God be the glory, great things He has done". and this book certainly tells just what God has done for all of us that listen to and enjoy FLM radio.  Praise God that Dick's family is keeping the torch buring!

After, I finished that book, I started a book that Lou had started and that is one that his cousin wrote.  Facing Fallout, by Dorothy Hemenway Carter.  She has a special place in my heart as she and her husband Noel taught my youngest daughter, Krista, junior church for all of her years at Charleston Baptist Church and  what a great Christian foundation they instilled in her will always remain with her.

Dorothy's story is about her family growing up in Charleston Township and the death of her brother from a brain tumor and the possible cause being from nuclear waste.  She has done an amazing job describing members of her family and the community, some are fictitious and some are very real to us.  What a joy it has been to read this delightful book.  It is always a pleasure to see someone we know personally do a job well and Dorothy certainly has done that.  I hated to finish it now I have to go back to my other book, as I always have a book to read.  Lou and I are both avid readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment