Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Cactus Blooming


March 19th - Tuesday - Snowing again

We awoke to snow again, but thankfully not the eight inches that had been forecasted. Unfortunately, Lou had to shovel the driveway by himself, as my shoulder isn't to the point where I can do much with it.  Kris called early and said that she would come down to help, but she and Matthew have been sick with colds and we didn't want them out in the snow, so Lou tackled the job and he said that he enjoyed doing it.  After he came in I fixed him bacon and eggs and home made Irish Soda bread toasted, all of which he enjoyed.

We have been keeping very busy, I have been going to physical therapy three days a week and those sessions are an hour and half long.  We run any errands while we are out and seems like that shoots the whole day.  I am making progress on my shoulder and then I also have exercises that I do at home, three times each day; however, I have been a little over zealous with the exercise and now I have tendinitis and after seeing Dr. Golobek yesterday, I have a new medication to use topically three times daily, I have to cut back on my exercise, have some ultrasound treatments and see how I do.  We are  also working with my hips and that poses another problem that we are trying something different with.

We have been hearing from our friends that wintered in Florida and most of them are on their way home now, hopefully, the weather will change before they arrive, or they are going to be a bit chilled.  One of the guys live near Erie, PA and he thought he might stop off someplace further south for a week or so until it warms up before continuing north.

Our Bluebirds are trying to make up their minds which house they want to build in.  It certainly was a welcome sight to see the Red Winged Blackbirds, as Daddy always said that is the true sign of spring, and the many flocks of Robins that we are all seeing.  The Mallard ducks are back at the creek, now I will watch for the Merganser ducks, as they arrive a little later and they love to ride in the fast water.  They will ride the fast water down the creek and then fly back up to ride down again.  Aren't we lucky to have the wild life delights that God offers us each and every day?  That is what retirement is all about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment