Thursday, March 7, 2013

Catching Up

March 7th - Thursday 40 degrees - Partly Cloudy

Sorry to all my folks that have been following our blog on a regular basis, but with Lou's cataract surgery and my shoulder surgery we have been spending a lot of time on the road and really have not had a lot to blog about.  I guess it would have been easier if our surgeries had been in the same state, we wouldn't have had so much traveling.

He had his surgery completed on the 28th of February.  It did not go as planned, had a little difficulty; however, his doctor was wonderful, even called us at home the night of surgery to make sure everything was going alright and saw us in the office the next day.  We went back today and he is seeing 25/20 out of his eye and the doctor is very pleased and he has scheduled his next eye for the 28th of March.

I have started my physical therapy on my shoulder.  I had a lovely conversation with Scott last week and he lovingly told me that PT stands for pain and torture, as he and Sue have been through this same thing, and he gave me some good pointers.  It seems that my PT should have been started a little sooner, and that is the reason that I am in so much pain and not able to sleep at night, the joint is inflamed so I am back to icing it three times a day and increasing my Naprosyn, then we will start PT three times a week.  We are also going to work on core strengthening for my hips at the same time.  Hopefully, by the time spring arrives in Pennsylvania we will both be back in good shape and be ready to tackle the great out of doors.

Every time we drive past Ives Run Camping Grounds, we tell it to hang on we are coming as soon as the weather breaks.  You can see from the picture the lake is still frozen and there is still snow in the mountain, in fact we still have snow in our yard, but thankfully, we did not get the snow storm that the east coast received this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment