Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lou's Snowman

Lou's Snowman after adding  "Snowman in a Bag"
Lou's Snowman
February 20th - Wednesday - Cold and Windy - High today 19 degrees

Yesterday with the addition of snow, Lou went out to scrape the driveway and the sidewalks and I was sad that I couldn't go out and help him, so after he finished all of the necessary work, he built me a snowman in front of the kitchen window.  After he came in and I noticed what he had done for me, I remember the "Snowman in a Bag" kits that Al made for the grandkids one year for Christmas, so today after we got back from the dentist I went to the garage and found it and decorated the snowman from the kit.  If you notice, there is a carrot nose, a red heart, a real corn cob pipe, and coal for the buttons and eyes, a wool scarf and we had a felt hat that belonged to my dad, but I couldn't find it, so I left the big wood chip that Lou had used.  He certainly add cheer to our front yard.

Today was Lou's visit to the dentist and he is now minus one tooth, so our dinner is homemade soup and Lou has spent the afternoon enjoying one of his Johnstone western books.  No square dancing for him tonight.  Had phone calls from several other members and they aren't going out in the cold this evening either.

I saw Dr. Joe today, however, he was not able to get my hips back place, I am hoping that some physical therapy is going to give me some relief in this area along with my shoulder, spring is on its way and I want to be able to move a little freer .

We have been enjoying reviewing slides from travels and family from years ago along with working on genealogy all seem to go together.  Certainly the time flies while doing both of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment