Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Plant City Strawberries

February 13th - Wednesday - Cooler

Aren't they pretty?  Brion and Janet stopped by and brought us Plant City, FL strawberries.  What a wonderful surprise and a delicious treat.  If we were in Florida as usual we would be eating them three times as day.

I prepared them for shortcake and have enough to have it for dessert for three evenings, want to make them last for as long as we can.  What we get in the grocery store here are usually from California and we think the Florida ones have more flavor.

Today, I have an appointment to get my hair cut and I also see Dr. Joe for my hips.  Lou and I have everything pretty much done in preparation for my surgery tomorrow morning.  Lou went to his breakfast meeting with his retired co-workers from Schweitzers yesterday and when he got home he ran the sweeper and shampooed the carpets for me and I did all of the hard wood floors.

I have had many phone calls yesterday and today with well wishes and prayers for a fast recovery, all of which I have appreciated.  It may be some time before I do another post, depending on how long before I can use my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment