Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not What it Used to Be

February 11th - Monday - High today was 38 degrees

Our snow is melting along with the ice that was on our sidewalks.  Thankfully, we didn't get the snow that was forecasted for our area.  Our granddaughter's friend from Boston came here for the weekend, and I am sure he was glad to be here and not at home, now the problem to get back home and back to college.

Sunday was our Coffee Hour after church that I had been talking about and I took my camera with me so I could take a picture of the serving table and then I forgot all about doing it until Lenore and I were picking things up ready to come home.

It did look very nice and everything we made was very well received and the "goodies" disappeared quickly and just a little left over and we shared that with folks that couldn't make it to the service on Sunday.  One thing that was disappointing to me was the Sweetheart candies that I always liked as a child.  I purchases several boxes, as I thought the kids would enjoy them, well let me just tell you, the message on them are sure different from the messages that were on them when I was a kid.  Now they are all "text messages" what a disappointment for us older folks!!  I don't text, so I couldn't read many of the messages.  I guess I just am not with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment